Wednesday 11 January 2012

The Art of Wild Abandonment


I am slowly emerging from the hectic Christmas holidays and planning for the year ahead. The house has been tidied (almost) and the calendar is filling up with holiday plans and work commitments.

I haven't taken part in an online workshop for a while and the new year has brought some exciting opportunities with some great teachers. The first class I've signed up for starts on March 12th and it's called "The Art of Wild Abandonment". It's a class run by Christy Tomlinson and Junelle Jacobsen. It's a three week course, but it will be open for a year, so it will give me plenty of time to really get into the teaching material.

Junelle's fabulous work is shown in the top picture and below. Her blog is fabulous and her expression of her faith is so inspiring.


Here are a couple of canvases by Christy. I've been following Christy's blog for a while and enjoyed a few of her classes. I love her methods behind her artwork and the art journalling course I took with her has changed how I approach my own work in a major way. She chats about her faith so easily alongside her craft chats.


I am really looking forward to March now, but in the meantime I will have time to catch up with the last canvas class I signed up for with Christy, called "She Art". I have plans for a series of canvases based on Psalm 139. So hopefully, more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment