Thursday 1 March 2012

A little overwhelmed

Life here is busy busy busy! It is always going to be busy with three young children and a husband working hard and I have also had some exciting work opportunities come up writing for two craft magazines (Scrap365 and Sewing World). My artwork based on my faith has been pushed into the back of my head, but it keeps on popping up into my imagination every now and again.

The building work at our church is going well and moving into the finished building in September doesn't seem so far away now. You can see pictures of the progress here. I need to get some banners made, but first they need to be designed - I'm not even sure how big they are supposed to be yet? Then I have to organise a group of busy people to be available at the same time to work together on the project.

I have been fortunate to get back in touch with friends who are now working as artists, particularly Sheona Beaumont and Heidi Hinder. Their work is so amazing and it totally inspires me.

But now I have doubts in my head. What if I get it wrong? What if I run out of time? What if people don't like the banners? I know my artistic skills don't compare with others, but maybe it's about relying on God. I can't do this in my own strength so I will have to rely on Him. I have been trying to focus and concentrating on reading my Bible every day. I have also signed up for an online class called "Scrapbooking your Faith" which starts today. I am starting in a place I know (cutting and sticking!) and I hope to move forward from there.

Thank you for sharing my rambling. I look forward to sharing some artwork from the upcoming classes soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment