Sunday 18 September 2011

Sketching in a tent


This summer we went to New Wine for the week and I took my sketchbook and Neocolour crayons with me. Here's little look at what appeared in my sketchbook that week...

I wanted to have a page about the line in a song " Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom". I wanted a really free colourful image next to it, so I got my two year old son to paint this!

This song really inspired me to think about art in the church and particularly where I've been leading art workshops in the past and people have struggled to feel free when they are creating something ("Is this right?", "I might do it wrong and make a mess"). I aspire to make my creative workshops a place where people feel freedom.


Some more doodling...

Some more lines from a song...


I attempted a wax resist technique using a regular white wax crayon. I don't think it really worked! Can you see the hearts?


1 comment:

  1. LOVE these! I can see the hearts, LOL!!!! Beautiful work - keep it up!!!
    Bernie x

    ReplyDelete